Oh Cae, Let's Eat Some Chili.

Sunday, August 31, 2014



I love food and I also love having time to cook. Normally, people eat chilli during the fall and winter months but I love eating it year round. Instead of using turkey meat, I opted for some tofu, which I actually could have done without. Anyways, lets get into it!



I removed my package of [firm tofu] from the water and pressed it on a plate with a dish towel and plate. While I was letting the tofu press, I started working on the veggies. Who knew that slicing vegetables could take up so much time!? Um... yea, still learning to properly slice and dice. 


[I used one tomato, half of a sweet onion, and half a bell pepper.]
aren't they so pretty?!




I drained cans of [garbanzo beans, black beans, pinto beans, kidney beans, and tomato sauce]. Soluble fiber galore!! For a healthier choice you can actually buy dry beans and soak them yourself so you don't have all the extra additives in the can. 







< not pictured > I [added tomato sauce to my pot of beans and added low heat while I sautéed my veggies]. Err, I should not have added the tomatoes to the skillet but I just made sure to drain the excess liquid afterward.  


Uh oh, tofu is ready! I used a fork to break down the tofu so it would resemble ground meat. Oh yes, cushiony ground "meat"! I "sautéed" my tofu but this part could have been skipped. [Just add it to the pot and season with your favorite spices.] 


Add some water if it's too chunky, and there you have it! A nice dinner that will last you about 3 days when stored in the fridge, but about a week and some change when in the freezer. Trust your nose and check for fur! 

My verdict? I loved it!! I ate it with rice and crackers and, shh, *whispers* a little bit of mozzarella cheese. Nom freakin' nom! 





*i am not a chef, but I want to share some of my favorite dishes with you guys in hopes that you can enjoy it too. 

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the presentation but tofu??? Russell's don't eat tofu, and I know Watkins don't mess with that stuff. But hey health is wealth. I had a premonition writing this comment, you are grown!!! Makes me feel old light weight, or shall I say blessed

    ReplyDelete