Lands End

Monday, July 27, 2015


currently playing// Unstoppable by Lianne La Havas

I have had the pleasure of spending my late teens and early twenties in Northern California -- from the East Bay on up to Sacramento. As much as I complained about missing my immediate family, I would not have traded this experience for anything else.

My days of living in California are quickly coming to an end and I am now realizing how much I am going to miss it. Over the next couple of months I'm going to share some old, and possibly new, photos of my life here being a somewhat West Coast transplant.


Here we are at Lands End park/trail/shoreline and my goodness is it an experience. You get the opportunity to surround yourself with landscape and breathtaking views from the steep rocky hills or with your feet drenched in the high tide of the ocean.


This is not your typical beach, but you know what makes this one feel a little more special? The hard work you've put in to enjoy it. The hike is not extremely strenuous, but it will have you feeling it the next day from the waist down.


Driving on the San Francisco hills scares the mess out of me, so we took the BART and uber'd it around town. It also gives me a chance to view the city in all of its eccentric beauty. On this ride we dropped off another rider at the California Academy of Sciences and heard an uber drivers story of riding a man around town to find a hooker. Yikes.


Our last stop was at a delicious eatery called Brenda's French Soul Food. This was my second time eating at this location, and neither time was I disappointed with my selection. 

Experience San Francisco and put this on your list of places to visit. It is truly an unforgettable and magical experience. 

It's super hard to figure out where to start using the internet, so in your google maps enter 916 El Camino Del Mar and voila! 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. EEK! I'm just now seeing this, Dori I hope that you're doing well. I recently graduated and relocated back to Texas. I absolutely plan on blogging now that I am not preoccupied. I appreciate you checking on me!

      Delete