Summertime Skin Care Regulars

Sunday, July 19, 2015


currently playing// Special Affair by The Internet

I started wearing foundation regularly about 2 years ago, and ever since then my skin has been more prone to acne. More acne yields more acne scars. Once the summertime weather made its debut, I decided to say farewell to all forms of foundation on my skin. It's the best decision I've made for my skin in a long time. 

My skin type? Oily, oily, and OILY. Since I've been taking a break from wearing foundation on my skin I have not had any breakouts, except for the occasional hormonal flare-up.

Here are a few things that have helped me reduce blemishes and minimize the size of my pores.


1. Benefit POREfessional Face Primer is such a life saver! Right after washing my face and adding a moisturizer, my skin is not oily, however it is shiny. After adding a thin layer of this product to my face I instantly notice a huge difference. The shine has immediately disappeared. I opted for the 1.5 oz. that is $11 more than the .75 oz. 


2. E.L.F.'s Shine Eraser is also a "save the day" essential. If I forgot to use the previously mentioned product, I have these little oil blotting sheets in my wallet to remove excess oil secretion. And for ONE DOLLAR, UN DÓLAR, ONE MEASLY DUCKET, I have no excuse to be a shiny grease bucket throughout the day. 


3. Alba Botanica Hawaiian Oil-Free Moisturizer is so amazing. I'm on my second jar because my sisters loved it so much and used up my first one. The issues that I've had with past moisturizers is that it always left sticky film post application. YUCK! Just a small amount of this product does the job of soaking into my skin. 

4. Shea Moisture African Black Soap Problem Skin Moisturizer is a new found love of mine. Clearly I have commitment issues. I was totally attached to the Alba Botanica product because of the oil-free feature, but when I saw the Shea Moisture product on the shelf all by its lonesome, it was for sure waiting on my to grab it. What I love about this product is the featured ingredients. African black soap is known for clearing blemishes and tea tree oil is a natural antiseptic. Like, PERFECTION! 


5. The Elite Skin Spa System is my first spin brush and so far so good. I wanted to try a cheaper alternative, and I must say it's not perfect as it splatters a bit of the product around when in use. I did not expect to have my facial cleansers flying around on my sink and mirror, however it leaves my skin feeling nice and guuuud! When I wear foundation I for sure have to use this product for it's ability to lift excess dirt from my face. A splash of cool water on my face after using this brush and bim boom bam! Go to bed smiling my friend. 

NOT PICTURED ABOVE (oops, I'm sorry!)


6. Hi, this is Murad Oil-Control Mattifier with SPF baby! Yes, my melanin rich skin reduces the penetration of UV through the epidermis (skin), however that is not all of the protection my skin needs. Does it still do the best job at controlling my oily skin, eh kinda, but it is a quality moisturizer with the right amount of skin care protection. 

I hope that this post helps you women that are prone to having oily skin while dealing with the blistering hot summer days. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!