Smooth & Melodic 3.0

Saturday, March 7, 2015


*previously called SMS*

Here are five new and old songs that I currently love listening to.

Heavy Love -Mali Music
I have been listening to this guys music since his debut album The 2econd Coming in 2009. I was anticipating his new work for such a long time, and after 5 long and gruesome years... I didn't listen to it, until a week ago. It's so hard for me to get into new music and honestly, I don't know why I didn't try harder with this one. I saw him live a week ago and I just fell in love with it. It's all I've been listening to.

Lights and Camera -Yuna
If you guys have seen Beyond the Lights then you heard this song before. I am only slightly familiar with Yuna's music, but I can say that I have never been disappointed. The lyrics to this song fit the movies message to stay true to yourself no matter the circumstances.

Right For You -Lil Silva ft. Banks
My younger sister introduced me to this song and I cannot stop listening to it. The lyrics say enough. Blah.

Kiss of Life (Sade Cover) -Chris Turner
Heart be still. The lyrics accompanied by his heavenly voice is just enough to make me want to curl up in a ball and fantasize about my future husband. Okay, I took it too far. I was so hoping that he would sing this when I saw him live, unfortunately I'll have to wish for next time.

Let It Burn -Jazmine Sullivan
I cannot think of anything bad to say about this girl. Of course I saw her live when she announced that she was holding a show in San Francisco. You think I'd be crazy enough to miss that? Up close and personal with this woman so effortlessly set the stage on fire. This song is so fun and even my oh so single self can get into it.

Search for these songs via YouTube or SoundCloud, and if you love them enough, purchase the song to support the artist.

cae.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!