I Big Chopped, AGAIN!

Sunday, September 14, 2014


As some of you may know, I was in dire need of a big chop number TWO. To make a long story short, I put way too much heat on it in the beginning of this year. My hair was so flat and limp that it looked as if I was transitioning again. I literally wore the same hairstyle for 5 months. 



I was referred to Madusalon in San Francisco by the lovely Cassidy Blackwell of NaturalSelectionBlog.com. This salon specializes in curly, wavy and natural hair; they are also specialized to do deva cuts. I was extremely happy with the service at the salon!! My stylist Isabel had so much personality and just went in for my cut. In my head I was like, "WAIT, I need to take this all in." I was sitting there trying to mentally prepare myself but as she was talking, she started chopping. Despite being anxious of how it would come out, I was very calm the entire time!


As you can see, the top of my hair still has some heat damage on the ends. The natural struggle is so real. I did my first big chop on September 6, 2010 and for me to do my second one so close to my big chop anniversary is SO CRAZY. *Beyoncé voice*


How do I feel? I feel happy and liberated! I'm beautiful and feel a lot more confident with my curls back. It is just hair and it will grow back. I cannot wait to update you guys on my new journey of healthy hair growth! Check my instagram for photos! Love y'all.

cae.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!