Did Someone Say Big Chop!?

Monday, November 12, 2012




This was my hair right before my last perm in November of 2009. It looked cute but my hair never usually grew longer than this without getting split ends or breaking off. It was a constant cycle of washing, flat ironing, my thin hair becoming greasy and flat so there goes another wash. Thin, flat, and boring hair was getting real old, and since I moved from Texas I knew I'd have more responsibility and paying for a fresh weave every one or 2 months was not on my agenda. I was tired of battling with my hair so I decided to change it up!

-----

My big chop (BC) after 10 months of transitioning was such a big deal for me. As I look back at the pictures I wish I had a better way to style my TWA (teeny weeny afro)!! The puff was my security blanket and a bad one at that. Throwing your hair up in a puff is NOT A GOOD IDEA WHEN YOU HAVE A TWA. Please remember that. I developed a slight bald spot, well more like extreme breakage, on the side of my hair where my headband usually was. 

Also, if you do your BC at home I do suggest you go to a salon to get the ends professionally trimmed after. When I say my ends were busted and disgusted, lol. Of course I didn't see it at first because of the excitement but my first real cut was um, about 4 months ago. You will see in a later post why it is important.. Experiment with different TWA hairstyles, utilize those super cute hair accessories and scarfs. Now to the pictures of my hair post BC.



Everybody makes mistakes, everybody has those days! *Hannah Montana voice*

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!